Looking for something perfect for a shelter-in-place summer weekend? Here are a few ideas from the worlds of field service, technology, startup life – and the comedy stylings of Alexa, Siri, and Cortana.
- A new work hazard for cell tower crews to contend with: narco-antennas.
- Looking for some light summer reading? Growth by Vaclav Smil may not be everybody’s idea of “light” (the dust jacket calls it “magisterial”), but it’s a comprehensive and provocative overview of the concept of growth, and the things that have historically fueled it (notably energy, electricity, and the internet).
- The transition to 5G is already exploding. Qualcomm recently flagged six technologies that will push 5G into hyperdrive.
- Inspired to build one of those crazy “Rube Goldberg” machines in your backyard or living room this weekend? Before you get too tangled up in all that wacky engineering, check out this recent post about how to prevent Rube Goldberg-ism from sneaking into your field service operations.
- “Alexa, Siri, and Cortana walk into a bar.” AI-based improv is either an idea with the potential for the most laughs per minute since Spinal Tap – or the most terrifying thing to hit comedy since Adam Sandler.
Get a heads up whenever there’s something new on the Zinier blog – follow us on LinkedIn.