Back in 2015 when Andrew Wolf and I started Zinier in our apartment in Singapore, we had no idea that we’d quickly go from roommates to co-founders of a startup with team members across 9 countries, 5 continents and half a dozen timezones. What we did know is that there was a global opportunity to help field service organizations work smarter and that we’d need a team with deep industry and technical expertise to join us.
Fast forward four years to today. We’ve more than doubled our team since the start of the year and it’s more important than ever that we build a global solution – both people and product – to meet (and exceed!) the needs of our customers.
Here’s a quick look at how we’ve scaled our global reach in 2019:
- We entered EMEA.
- Gonçalo Reis, a serial entrepreneur and veteran of VC firms, joined us to lead market development.
- Our Silicon Valley headquarters moved and grew.
- We joined the growing tech hub in San Mateo, California with a larger HQ space to accommodate new hires from companies like Apple, AT&T, Jobvite, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Riverbed, and RocketSpace.
- We added leadership and new office space in Singapore.
- ServiceMax/GE Digital alum Alan Fry came onboard as regional VP of Sales to work alongside Andrew and our product team in a new Singapore office space in Duxton Hill.
- Key new hires put us on the ground floor in Chile and Brazil.
- Our expanded LATAM presence will help support our growing regional customer base.
- We grew our engineering talent and campus in Bangalore.
- We’re ready to take over another floor in our building to accommodate our engineering teams led by ServiceMax vet Girish Mysore, our CTO.
We’ve come a long way since the inception of Zinier in our apartment four years ago, and it’s no secret that building a company isn’t just about building a product.
It’s about building a team.
Interested in joining us? We are looking for new talent across all regions and groups. Check out our Careers page for current openings.
In the next four years at Zinier – even the next four months – we will continue to evolve tremendously as a team. One thing we must do: Make sure our own evolution fuels our customers’ unique journeys toward smarter workforce productivity.