Looking for something fun – and productive – or both! – to dive into this weekend? Here are a few picks for news and inspiration from the worlds of field service, technology, startup life – and even some work-related thoughts on Pink Floyd.
- IoT analyst Stacy Higginbotham offers her perspective on the Boston Consulting Group’s recent take on new value creation opportunities in your IoT ecosystem.
- If you don’t have access to the data you need, look for another option. Proving that there’s always more than one way to sense a cat, the MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab is finding ways to recognize musical nuances by watching instead of listening.
- What else can you learn from music? Here’s an oldie but a goodie from 2008: CIO magazine reveals Pink Floyd’s lessons for IT.
- As the global economy transforms itself in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and increased demand for automation, there’s a shortage of 58 million workers with AI and machine learning skills, as outlined in this Fast Company article.
- Some say the pandemic marks the end of the open-plan office that has dominated startup life. Others say not so fast.
Get a heads up whenever there’s something new on the Zinier blog – follow us on LinkedIn.