Welcome to our Humans of Zinier series! Meet the people building the new era of field service automation.
Tina Truong, Marketing Operations and Strategy at Zinier
Location: La Mesa, California, USA
What is your typical day like for you (personal + professional)?
I can’t function without coffee so that’s how the day starts. Then, I typically catch up with teammates in EMEA before they log off for the day. A huge part of my role is collaborating with a team distributed across many time zones. Since our team is so spread out, the best time to meet is my mornings - so those are usually filled with meetings. Then I pivot to strategic and executional work in the afternoons - from coming up with new campaign ideas to the actual campaign set up, or chasing up on marketing leads. This is when I can focus and be creative.
In the evenings, I go on walks with my partner Alex in my neighborhood and we cook dinner together. Occasionally, we’ll invite my twin sister to come over and eat dinner with us as she lives nearby.
Where is one place you’d like to visit once it’s safe to travel?
The number one place on my bucket list is the Galapagos! I want to experience the diverse wildlife and go snorkeling in the pristine waters with the tortoises. It’s really remote and should be a really unique experience.
What’s a fun fact about you?
I built a smart mirror before smart mirrors were cool. Nowadays - you can buy a fitness smart mirror (where the display is on the actual mirror) for thousands of dollars, but 5 years ago, I built a smart mirror by putting a monitor behind a two-way mirror and programming it to display the weather, calendar events, and cheeky inspirational messages. In another life, I could have started a smart mirror business!
Tina’s Quick 3:
Top 3 most used mobile apps:
- Audible - I like to listen to audiobooks while I work or lounge around.
- DoorDash - I’m a sucker for an easy take-out meal.
- Bubble Witch Saga 3 - I played the original Puzzle Bubble on the Super Nintendo and loved these matching bubble games.
3 things that you wish were automated:
- Submitting quotes like insurance quotes, contractor quotes, cleaning quotes - I spend so much time calling places, giving them my information, and then following up! I wish there was a better way.
- Cars - I am awaiting the day self-driving cars become the norm.
- Cleaning - it’s boring and even if you’re constantly cleaning, it’s still seemingly never done.
Thanks for sitting down with us and sharing your story, Tina!